Our response to the Caronavirus Emergency
Since we supply eyeglasses and contact lenses, which are classified as medical devices, we are open on a limited basis, and may reduce hours. We will limit the number of people in store to one (or two if they come together).
We are available for eyeglass repairs and replacement, and contact lens supply replenishment. We also have Smart Exam which uses telemedicine to renew contact lens prescriptions and prescribe eyeglasses.
If you run out of contact lenses, or have eyeglasses in genuine need of repair or replacement, call the store. Leave a message if nobody answers. We'll make arrangements for you to replenish your contact lenses or repair or replace your eyeglasses.
Our contact lens and stock eyeglass lens distributors are still taking orders and shipping. Some of the custom lens laboratories we use are still open so we can get progressive lenses as well.
Contact lens prescriptions can be renewed via Smart Exam which uses telemedicine to have a remote ophthalmologist write the prescription renewal. Eyeglass prescriptions can be provided using the same system. We will not be able to do any new contact lens fittings.
We will be operating on reduced hours, and we intend to maintain social distancing, so be sure to call ahead to find a time when we can see you.
Please call ahead to arrange a time that we can accommodate you.
Thank you for your cooperation.
With the debut of Essilor's newest version of Transitions: Transitions Signature GEN8, Essilor has revived a version of the free lenses offer they used to promote the introduction of thier Varilux X Series progressive lens.
Here's the deal:
Buy a pair of glasses with qualifying lenses, get the lenses for a second pair free.
Here's the qualifications
- First pair must have Transitions Signature GEN 8
- First Pair must have Crizal Anti-Reflective coating
- First Pair must be Varilux X Series or Eyezen +
- Patient must purchase two frames.
- Second pair will be either Varilux X Series or Eyezen + with Crizal coating
- Second pair provided in clear but may be upgraded to Transitions Signature GEN 8 or Experio Polarized for additional cost
- Both pairs must be for the same person and ordered at the same time
- Offer expires December 31, 2019
No other promotions or eyeglass plans apply.
Performance Improvements Of The New Transitions Signature GEN 8
- Faster Fade Back Than Transitions Signature VII
- Faster Activation Than Transitions Signature VII
- Darker When Fully Activated
Our distributors and labs switched over to Transitions Signature GEN 8 on July 10. As of that date, we use GEN 8 for all new Transitions orders.